7.22.2006

He's Just Not Right

Date: July 19, 2006
Time: Around 7:00pm
Location: Texas Roadhouse

Detailed account of events: As I sat with my family for dinner recently, I witnessed something that just wasn't right. Shortly after getting our drinks, a family sat down at the table next to ours. It appeared to be a girl and her husband (in their twenties) and her parents. They seemed nice enough and quite normal. However, that "normal" thought quickly turned. Texas Roadhouse plays country music, somewhat loudly, in an attempt to create atmosphere. This atmosphere came crashing down as the son-in-law at the table next to use began serenading his wife. It could have been cute, maybe. I doubt it, but maybe. Anyway, he couldn't sing, yet she acted as if he was the next George Strait. It was obviously annoying. The worst part, however, is the song he chose to sing. Some of the lyrics are below and please keep in mind that they are dining with her parents:

"Baby lock the door and turn the light down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand
I’ve been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man"

Annoying. Gross. Inappropriate. And like I said, the man did not have a good voice. All in all, he's just not right.

0 comments: