6.28.2006

On the Road... Again!


Last weekend, Brant and I went to South Fork with Gary, Steph, Jerrod and Dana. We all had a great time going fishing, golfing, eating and drinking. We caught a few fish, the girls won at golf and a bear visited the cabin one night and left claw marks on the ice chest. All in all, great fun! By the time Sunday came around, we were pretty tired and not looking forward to the three hour drive home. To make matters worse, it rained really hard most of the way home so the drive seemed really long. But we got home and were glad the weekend had gone so well, or so we thought...

After searching through all of our bags, I couldn't find my phone! I pretty much freaked out. I've never lost something so personal before. Plus, my phone is sometimes the only contact I have with the outside world as I sit at home all day. There was really only one option - drive back to South Fork (remember, it's three hours) early Monday, alone, with no phone. So that's what I did. I honestly don't mind driving, but six hours by myself was a bit much. I wouldn't recommend it. On the bright side, and perhaps somewhat random, Gulley was groomed on Monday so I picked her up when I got back to Pueblo and she looks fabulous!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what's funny? When I was reading this story I was like, "oh my god, that sucks, I wonder why she didn't call and tell me that?" and then (about 30 seconds later) I realized that maybe you didn't call me because you didn't have a PHONE! True story.

Glad Gulley looks so sharp now!