7.30.2007

McCopyright Infringement?


There are a few places that Eric and I really miss up here in Michigan. Sonic, Shake's and Chik-Fil-A are just a few of them. It's toughest with Sonic, because they run commercials for delicious drinks all the time, and yet, there are no Sonics in sight. Chick-Fil-A gets us, too. Their chick-n-biscuits are one of the best breakfast treats I can think of. Plus, the chicken sandwhiches, with a simple treatment of just pickles, are some of the best around.

So good, in fact, that McDonald's has decided to straight up copy them. They introduced the Southern Style Chicken Sandwhich recently and it's basically the exact same thing as the Chick-Fil-A sandwhich. Eric and I were then faced with a dilemma. Stay true to Chick-Fil-A, the original? Or go to McDonald's as quick as we possibly could and order 2 of them - to go! I doubt I have to tell you what we did.

The knock-offs were tasty, I will admit. And we've had a hankerin' for another one since then. I feel so guilty betraying dear Chick-Fil-A...but I love me some chicken, so what're ya gonna do?

3 comments:

Kari said...

And now I'm starving... thanks.

You cannot beat the taste of the original Chick-Fil-A, but there's nothing wrong with liking the copycat. Now, if you come to Memphis and snob Chick-Fil-A for a Mickey D's sandwich, then we will have some words, my friend.

Your dilemna is similar to how I feel about Chipotle and Qdoba. As Eric SHOULD agree, Chipotle will always be superior!

Erjacksonic said...

I refuse to agree with those slanderous words against my beloved Qdoba. Three words, Kari: Fajita Rachera Burrito.

As for the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich...yes, blatant rip-off. And one of their ads for it tries to pass it off as something new and simple that McD's invented. But even though I felt slightly dirty going to McDonald's to get one, it was pretty tasty. Not quite up to Chik-fil-a standards, but as Jenny notes, much better tha nothing.

McD's totally jacked the chicken breakfast biscuit, too. Those SOB's are ruthless.

Kari said...

And three words to you: Chipotle is better.

Would you be mad if you knew that I had never been to Qdoba?

Ronald and his pals need to back off Chick-Fil-A.