6.20.2006

OPEN CALL: Bad Girls Club

This morning as I got off the bus in front of the theater, I saw some flyers in our "marketing stand" that didn't belong there. It's part of my job to keep it stocked and also make sure that flyers for events not at the theater are removed. So, I promptly removed the flyers with the headline: "Bad Girls Club: Open Call" expecting it to be an ad for a new strip club or something. Well, to my surprise, it was a casting call for a new Bunim-Murray TV show! Here's the description:

From the producers of The Real World, six girls will live by the beach in L.A. and work with each other to tackle aspects of their personalities that - while making them FABULOUS - tend to hold them back from success in relationships and careers.

Ladies. I'm not joking, this is ACTUALLY what the flyer said. Also, a few questions on the side of the flyer:

Does your refusal to PLAY BY THE RULES sometimes get you in trouble?
Have you ever been called a "Drama Queen"?
Need a way to reach your dreams without compromising the things that make you special?

My favorite is the third question, as the answer surely lies in going on TV broadcasting these "special things" for the world to see.

This is SO not a joke, to see real proof, go to the official website here: http://www.bunim-murray.com/casting/index.htm

I'll see you both in NYC on Saturday for the open audition.

1 comments:

Kari said...

I'm not sure that personality traits which hold a person back from success in relationships and careers can also make them fabulous.

However, the producers of the show clearly disagree and I will be tuning in to found out why. See you Saturday!