12.07.2007

Holiday Parties Galore

Last night was our office Christmas dinner. And as expected, it was... uncomfortable. I like everyone here at work well enough, but trying to talk about non-work related things can be tough. The fact that I'm not that big of a fan of people in general and I hate hugs only makes events like these worse. With that said, I had a pretty good time. The food was great, the drinks were free and I ended up with the best ornament in the ornament exchange. Yessssss!
With our penchant for making rules, I thought we could come up with a set of Office Party rules, just for fun. I have to go to another dinner tonight for the husband, so any tips would be welcome. I'll start...
1. Never make a toast. Ever. No matter how much wine you've had.

4 comments:

Jenny Jackson said...

I've been to a few work gatherings after hours and I would like to offer this rule:
2. Never drink more than 2 drinks.

You want to be the one laughing at the people who are really going to town on the free liquor.

Brittnee said...

Never take advantage of the dance floor. Especially when the dj is playing songs such as Soulja Boy.

Kari said...

I wish we had a business together. One day...

Jules said...

Kari, I agree... there should be a rule book for the office party (or at least a survival guide, small enough to fit in a clutch bag). While we're on the subject, I'll offer #3 and #4:

3. Never take photos at the office party... nothing good will ever come from them.

4. Always remember to bring your camera to the office party... you'll want plenty of pictures, because nothing good will ever come from them.