4.19.2006

Arm Hater?

A student walked into the classroom yesterday wearing the following: khaki ankle pants, ribbed tank top and down vest complete with fur collar. This didn't make sense to me. Is she hot or cold or what? Has she no regard for the warmth and well-being of her own arms? I believe that down vests should only be worn with a long sleeve shirt. If it's cold enough to require down (and a fur collar, mind you), it's cold enough to require long sleeves, right? I would have even excused her for wearing a t-shirt though, due to the fact that she is young and makes stupid fashion decisions. However, there is no excuse for a tank top with a down vest. I'm too concerned about her top half to even bother with the absurdity of her pants.

PS: I feel okay about posting comments about students' fashion choices. This is mainly because I would gladly look back at pictures from when I was in high school and make fun of myself.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That poor girl. Too bad she didn't know that you are one of the boondogglers. It's a good thing that there were no boondogglers when I was in high school because I dressed terribly. I wasn't in to clothes at all and it showed!