1.12.2008

Top 15 songs of 2007

For me, 2007 differed from most other years because I didn't watch MTV in the morning before work. I have a rocky relationship with MTV. I wish they would play more music videos all day, but I learned to live with only being able to see them in the morning before work. Well, they've almost entirely stopped airing videos at that time anymore. Even when they do, it's mostly rap and emo/punk/whatever that doesn't interest me. So, I had to rely on other sources to introduce me to new music this year. One of them was a local radio station here (107.1) that plays a lot of new music by singer/songwriters, which is what I've come to really like. Eric also introduced me to a good deal of new music this year. I really have no idea where he finds the stuff, but he'll say he's found something that he thinks I'll like and usually he's right. Here's my list of the top 15 songs that I liked listening to this past year. Most of the albums were released in '07, but I got a late start on others.



There you have it! I would highly recommend the albums by Ryan Adams, Feist, Neko Case (hers is from 2006) and Amy Winehouse. Overall, they were my most listened to albums of the year. I hope that others would post their top 15, 10, 5 or whatever songs for the year - I'm interested in what others are interested in!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Wow. This was certainly not the list I was expecting. In fact, I may need a cd of this list because I've never heard of most of these songs or artists.

While spending this last year in Memphis, I mostly listened to KimFM, which was the best of the 80s, 90s and today, with an emphasis on the older stuff. Fantastic! But I didn't hear much new music.

I thought you were going with the most popular songs pop songs of the year and if you had, I would have wanted to see the following on there:

Escape - Gwen Stefani
Umbrella - Rihanna
Stronger - Kanye West

Jenny Jackson said...

While I really enjoyed all of the songs you mentioned, I didn't listen to them very much because MTV blows and the radio station I listen to doesn't play rap/hip hop. So, there ya go. But I am more than willing to burn some CDs for your guys because I think you'd enjoy the songs I mentioned.

Jenny Jackson said...

I found this web site called imeem.com that will let you add playlists of songs to blogs and other sites. Check out the right hand side of our blog for my Top 15 of 2007!

Brittnee said...

I am glad that you added those songs...I too had not heard most of them. I am excited to sit down and take a listen.