3.03.2008

That was close!

I was in the midst of a crisis earlier this morning. I forgot my chapstick! Maybe you don't know, but I have chapstick with me all the time. My lips are used to it, it's a full blown addiction. Can I just tell you the fear that crept into my body when I realized I'd forgotten it? It was horrifying. I immediately had to strategize how to either get my original tube back or find a new one. Call Eric at home and have him bring it on his way up to campus? It seemed a little extreme, but don't think I didn't consider it.

I finally decided that I would have to buy something else for today (and create a backup chapstick...why am I only just now thinking of this?!). So, out I went to White Market, a little independent drug/grocery store fairly close to the Theater. That place is pretty cool - they have a bunch of stuff, just not a ton of varieties of it, which is why I had to compromise and buy the Classic type of chapstick instead of the Moisturizer type. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, ya know? It was my best option. I paid $1.92 for that little miracle tube and I would have gladly paid $20.

2 comments:

Brittnee said...

I keep a back up softlips in my drawer at work. I totally understand the panic you felt when you realized that you did not have your chapstick with you.

Kari said...

I keep chapstick all over the place - in my car, in random parts of the house, at work, in my purse. Literally, everywhere. And I but new chapstick more often than I should.

I have experienced your panic, my friend. We went to a basketball game in Denver and I forgot to have Brant put some chapstick in his pocket. My lips were killing me by halftime. I even went to first aid and asked if they had chapstick or lotion or something. No dice. It might have been one of the worst nights ever.