5.10.2006

I Missed It

As I got out of my car to go into Old Navy this morning, there was a woman walking out of the store and a car approaching the crosswalk the woman was about to use. From my angle, the car came between myself and the lady and slowed to almost a stop Then suddenly the car zoomed forward, before letting the lady cross. I was appalled, until...

I saw the woman PICKING HERSELF UP OFF THE GROUND! She had tripped before ever reaching the crosswalk! I wanted to ask if she was okay, but I fear that I may have laughed in her face. Plus, she appeared to have only injured her pride with the fall. Life is funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had been the driver I think I would have waited for her to get up just so I could see what she did afterwards. Who falls flat on their face like that?! Hilarious!!

Speaking of funny things that life throws your way...I just got back from a meeting with a couple other staffers here. We went to a local coffee shop and when we got there I noticed that one of the people working the counter was dressed in FULL BASEBALL CATCHER GEAR. Yes, that includes the leg guards and FACE MASK. I only noticed the face mask at first, but later he came out to restock some items and saw that he was sporting the entire gear. All I could think was how he chose that ensemble for today...talk about a boondoggle.

Unknown said...

I've never met the fellow, but I can say (with almost 100% certainty), NO.