4.30.2007

So THAT'S what my deltoid muscle looks like...

This past weekend we had guests! Eric's dad Mike and stepmom Karen were in town for a couple days so we took them to Detroit. That might sound like a punishment, but trust me, Detroit gets a bad rap. It's not all that scary...at least not at the Detroit Science Center!!


We went to see an exhibit called Our Body and it was so cool. The simple explanation is that they turn the muscles in your body into plastic in a process called plastination. This way, you can see what the inside of your body looks like! It's really weird and awesome and sort of creepy, but mostly it's amazing. To be able to look at something from 2 inches away and know that your insides look something like that is...well, creepy, but I liked it!


There were exhibits of bodies that were in certain poses, like a guy kicking a soccer ball in midair, or riding a bike. My favorite was a body that had been sliced into 1 inch sections and then placed in order about 2 inches apart so that you could see in between each slice.

I realize that I sound like a HUGE nerd right now, but I enjoyed myself at the museum, OK?!

4 comments:

Brittnee said...

Wow! You guys are science freaks!!!

Really, I bet that museum was pretty cool and I would have been pretty intrigued...as long as there was no blood. I can't stand the sight of blood...even fake blood.

Also, can one of you guys set me up a blogger account? I can't seem to do it and every single time I try to post a comment I have to sign up for an account...I need help, my fellow bloggers!

Erjacksonic said...

Jenny has blossomed into a fully fledged nerdling under my tutelage. I think this is what parenting must be like...

Kari said...

Eric makes me laugh. Thanks for letting Jenny realize her full potential as a nerd. Now, when is that exhibit coming to Memphis?!

Kari said...

I see that picture everytime I go to the site. It's so gross when you really look at it. Sick.