4.03.2007

Baked, Not Fried


Recently I tried Baked Cheetos and I was admittedly skeptical. We were with another couple grocery shopping for our three day stay at the beach (see how I snuck that in there?). I saw the Baked Cheetos in the basket and was not excited. But when I made a turkey sandwich the next day, I couldn't help but toss a few Cheetos on my plate. Those bright orange bits that look like really small pieces of petrfied wood somehow just completed my plate. And then it happened. I tried them...
And they were fantastic! All of the flavor and crunch I would expect from Cheetos. If someone had told me they were real Cheetos, I would have believed them wholeheartedly. So if you haven't already, give them a try. Unless you hate Cheetos to begin with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, cheetos. Those sound so good right now. The past few weeks when I've been going out to eat I've been buying chips when I get a sandwhich. One day last week I didn't eat the chips because the sandwhich was enough to fill me up. So, yesterday I opened my drawer and found the Lays Sour Cream and Onion chips and was delighted! There's something about potato chips that is addicting and I wolfed down that bag so fast!

We rarely have potato chips in the house (just Cheez-its and tortilla chips) so the occasional chip purchase with lunch is an indulgence for me!

Kari said...

If Brittnee doesn't comment about chips, I'm going to assume she's given up blogging completely. She introduced me to several new chips when we were roommates, including Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles, which are now my favorite.