4.16.2008

Jessica's Gonna Lose It!

Oh, man. Not only is little Ashlee Simpson getting married soon - but apparently, it'll be a shotgun weddin', y'all! She's preggers. Her fiance Pete Wentz initially denied the rumors in such a way that I almost think that he didn't even know Ashlee was prego.

"There is a witch hunt for people to be pregnant whenever they get engaged in Hollywood," he wrote to MTV News Monday. "This is all news to me. I can't wait for the story about how I'm really in a gay relationship and this is all just a cover ... I mean really, this is crazy ... I mean we're engaged, that's true, and happy about it."


Wow. So, not only did he not know about the bun in the oven, but apparently he's trying to hide a gay relationship? Why did that come up? Do you think the interviewer was like, "Wait, what?" And then Pete said, "I mean, uhhhh...gotta go!!"

Maybe there's a "witch hunt" in Hollywood for pregnancies because EVERYONE in Hollywood is pregnant right now. Seriously. And the typical "first comes love, then comes marriage, blah, blah baby carriage" rhyme doesn't always fly in H-wood. I'm happy for Ashlee and Pete (I guess), but I think it's tacky to flat out lie about a pregnancy and try and blame reporters for making up stories.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh man. I saw this headline yesterday and assumed it was fake. Yeah, Jessica is totally going to lose it! What is Joe gonna do?

Brittnee said...

Does anyone else think it's weird that Joe hated Nick and Nick actually married Jessica before taking her flower so to speak. And now Joe LOVES Pete and only after knocking up Joe's youngest did Pete decide to marry her.
I think Joe was jealous of Nick's wonderful looks....and lucky for Ashley there ain't no wonderful looks with Pete for Joe to be jealous of.

Jenny Jackson said...

that's the truth! oh, and speaking of mr. lachey...he will be guest starring on next week's "Fresh Takes." That mini-show during The Hills commercial breaks! Tune in for Justin Bobby, stay for Lachey!