9.17.2007

I watch a lot of TV: Emmy edition!

For those of you who don't know (and haven't figured out by reading the blog), I watch a lot of TV. I spread the love around to all the networks and have several favorites on cable. If you're unaware of the shows I watch, take a look on the right side of the blog and there's a starting point. I listed the rest under the "Interests" section of my blogger profile. Now that we all understand how much TV I watch, let's talk about the Emmys!

Here are some of my favorite and least favorite parts:
Emmys in the Round - Least favorite part. Alienate 50% of the audience? Bad idea. AND these weren't just seat-fillers, we're talking the entire cast of Ugly Betty and The Sopranos getting shut out. Who thought of this?
Ryan Seacrest - Second least favorite part. He's just not very funny. Is it possible for Steve Carell to host the Emmys? Is that considered a conflict of interest? I don't care, he should host anyway.
Katherine Heigl - The announcer lady pronounced her name wrong before she went up to present an award. It was obviously too much for ol' K'Hei to stand, because she called her out, "It's Heigl, so um, yeah...it's cool, it's a tough one." She could have come off really bitchy, but it was pretty funny to me.
Steve Carell's fake win - When Ricky Gervais wasn't available to pick up his Emmy (I've never seen Extras, but I wanted Steve to win), Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert said that their friend Steve could take it. Steve RAN up to the stage and they all jumped up and down like little kids. It was the highlight of the awards. Too bad he didn't actually win.
Dwight and Kanye's bit - The set up was lame, with Wayne Brady doing an "impromptu" version of his show Don't Forget the Lyrics (who watches this??), but with Rainn Wilson (Dwight from the Office) and Kayne West going head-to-head in a battle of "Songs from Kanye West" it could hardly miss. Even funnier, the fact that Kayne lost! He never wins anything!
30 Rock's win! - I love 30 Rock. It's become one of Eric and my's favorite shows over the summer. I love the Office and even Ugly Betty, but I was so happy that 30 Rock won. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are comic gold. Here's a clip:



I'm interested in what people wore, but only to a certain extent. Favorites include: Vanessa Williams - she has taken to her outrageous character on Ugly Betty so much that she now dresses like her even when she's not on set; Alec Baldwin - a white tuxedo jacket, so classic and it was after 6:00..."What am I, a farmer?"; Julia Louie-Dreyfus - she looks fabulous most of the time, and I wish I had her hair.

There ya have it. It was OK, but definitely not anything compared to Davie's big TOUCHDOWN this weekend! Go hogs!

4 comments:

smjacks said...

UMMM.... so, yeah, Davie's touchdown... AWESOME!! I screamed, not going to lie.... :)

Will Askew said...

I have to say that once I got over the initial pissed-offedness of the Hogs coming one TD closer to my team, I was happy for Andrew. Now that Alabam is done playing the Hogs, Davie for Heisman '07.

Kari said...

I'm going to admit that I felt pretty cool that I knew someone who not just played, but scored a touchdown!!!

I didn't even know the Emmy's were on. Apparently neither did the rest of America. Thanks to our resident TV officiando for giving us the highlights!

amanda said...

I thought the Emmys were fabulous... I guess I should have done my own recap, but JJack pretty much nailed it on the head for me.