9.04.2007

The face of Teen Vogue


The one thing that's become abundantly clear this season is that our girls have horrible judgement, especially in men. This week Heidi continues to pretend that Spencer is a great guy, Audrina goes back out with J.Bob even after he left her at the pool party and Lauren spends even more time with Brody. It's almost as if they enjoy getting treated badly. I'm not even going to try and decipher why they continue to hang out with them.

I'd rather talk about the hidden gems of this show: Lo and Whitney. I think I want to be friends with Lo. She's the girl who says things that people think but are afraid to say because they don't want people to get mad at them (ahem, LAUREN!), even though they really need to hear it. Like when she called out Audrina for still going out with J.Bob. Why aren't you "together" already? You've been together for 4 months and still nothing? Move on! Yes. Exactly! It's like she heard me through the television. And it's refreshing to have someone who thinks rationally on this show.

Poor ol' Whitney has fallen from grace because apparently Lauren only works one day a week. If MTV is going to can someone who has been hand-picked to be a Vogue runway model by Andre Leon Talley and then fallen down the stairs in that very fashion show, then there's no hope for any of us. That is pure gold. Why is "Speidi" getting all the camera time? Send some cameras to Teen Vogue without Lauren - she works once a month, and sits at a computer, we get it. And where the HELL is Lisa Love, btw?

Also, Spencer is going to need to shave. Now. It's not a good look. The last thing you need to do if you're trying to get away from looking like Chester Cheetah is grow facial hair. Dumb. Pretty sure he dumped Brody, too. Their breakup conversation was the best of all the seasons. Spencer talking about loyalty! He's a prince.

3 comments:

amanda said...

You make me want to watch this show.

Kari said...

I tried to watch the show and I think my DVR is actually rebelling against the show now. It would randomly (and loudly I might add) go to a snowy screen several times throughout the episode. So annoying. I did get to see Spencer break up with Brody though and wasn't that the best part of the show anyway?

Heidi looked sad when she and Bunney talked about LC. I want to say we're heading to a reconciliation, but it's hard to tell. Guess I'll just have to tune in next week to find out!

Brittnee said...

I really like Whitney and am sad that she gets less air time than Lo...I mean Whitney has stuck with this show for 3 seasons, 3 SEASONS! It is time to give this girl more air time. I bet she lives quite an interesting life. I mean the fact that she works at Teen Vogue (more than once a month) and that she recently went to Paris and graduated college makes me think she is a girl with a lot going on. But you wouldn't know it because all we get to see is Lauren hating her friends' boyfriends and Heidi and Spencer hating the world.