11.26.2007

I got the FEVER!

Christmas fever, that is! After a wonderful Thanksgiving with Eric's side of the family, which included several large (and delicious) meals and over 400 family photos, I'm officially ready for Christmas! It's a bit early, I'll admit, especially since I was the one nagging on the blog about a month ago about how people are decorating for Christmas earlier and earlier every year. But, it's not THAT early. Thanksgiving is over and that's fair game to begin the Christmas season. Regardless, I got the urge to decorate the apt. last night and it's a winter wonderland in there now! We have a 3 foot plastic tree that is adorned with lights, beads and ornaments and it's so cute. It makes my day to come home from work and plug that bad boy in! Such joy! The rest of the place is full of Christmas nick-nacks from Christmas' of yore. About 95% of the decorations come from Eric's mom who usually sends me some new stuff every year, and it's all really cute and festive and I love it. In fact, I think the reason I decided to decorate so early is because Eric's family had already decorated their houses with the first wave of decor. Whatever the reason, the countdown to Christmas has begun. And you'd better believe I've got a cute, little countdown chotchky to help me get there!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Well this just makes me sad. For yet another year, we won't be able to decorate that much for Christmas. This move is really a bummer for that reason. I do plan to pack one box of Christmas stuff and decorate the apartment a bit.

Just you wait until I'm actually settled into a house around the holidays. You had damn well better believe that the house will be covered in Christmas from head to toe by the end of November. Get ready Christmas 2008!!!!

Brittnee said...

Don't be sad. Just think - if you don't put up a tree, then it can't fall down in the middle of the night and break your ornaments.

Jenny Jackson said...

Did that happen to you or something?