11.01.2007

It's Just a Little Crush

I've decided that Lee Pace, better known as "Ned" from Pushing Daisies (and let's face it, that's a cuter name for him anyway), is my new celeb crush. Last season I guess I would have to say that Dr. Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey, duh) was my TV crush. I'm not sure he had much competition. I guess Jack Shepherd on Lost is attractive but lack of shaving tools on that island strikes him right out of my book. Of all the TV shows I watch, I frankly cannot think of any other characters that I find really attractive. Anyhoo, Dr. Shepherd is still plenty good-looking, his relationship with droopy-faced Meredith is just annoying now. I'm over it. He was probably always a little too suave for me anyway.

So it's on to Ned. He's charming. He's cute. He's funny in a subtle way. I'd like to think that he's a lot like many of the guys I dated in high school and in college. Only, truth be told, he's much better looking and much more charming. Now I just have to hope that quirky little Pushing Daisies and Ned can charm a few more viewers and stay on the air!

2 comments:

Jenny Jackson said...

I agree with you on Ned's crush status. I also wanted to add my own current crush, Damian Lewis, into the mix. He is probably most recognizable as an actor on Band of Brothers, but currently he's starring in the NBC show Life. It's a great show, I just watched 2 episodes from my DVR last night and I'm hooked. His character is a zen detective who served 12 years of a sentence for a crime he didn't commit and was later acquitted of. Kinda bleak premise, but he makes it worth watching and enjoyable. And while not what I would call textbook "cute," his character has grown on me and that's why he's my crush.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20058679,00.html

Kari said...

Hmmm... is that red hair I see? If so, then he reminds me of Brant's best friend, Luke. I just spent five minutes pondering how to write the next part in order to not offend Luke, and then I realized that he'll most likely never read this. Sooooo... Luke is not overwhelmingly attractive, but he's not ugly and his personality and sense of humor make him really cute. Obviously he's just like Damian Lewis. That's what I was getting at. I think. I'm tired.