10.30.2007

This is as close to smiling as I get

This week was all about Teen Vogue! The plans are being laid for the Teen Hollywood Party that Whitney and Lauren are responsible for. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like that's a big responsibility to place on their shoulders? I know they're not planning the WHOLE thing, but traveling to NYC to present to Amy Astley (who will now be referred to as Bangs McGhee) is kind of a big deal and it didn't seem like Whit was prepared. More on that in a second...

Spencer takes another crack at visiting Heidi at Bolthouse. And this time (hey, what a coincidence!), he runs into Frankie. They talk about how Spencer sucks and is delusional about the end of the friendship with Brody. I mean, that's what I heard, anyway. At the end of their convo, he runs upstairs to tell Heidi that Frankie was mean to him and that he doesn't want to be friends with that traitor Brody after all. Who is he kidding with this?

Lauren and Whitney hit the red-eye flight to NYC and Lauren dons her dress to meet with Bangs McGhee. It's a cute dress, for sure, and perhaps Whitney could have taken a lesson and not worn her party dress to the presentation. I have to admit, I didn't think anything of Whit's dress because in her meeting with Lisa Love she was wearing a tube top and miniskirt. Teen Vogue has the loosest dress code ever because you can slap on, well, a tube top and miniskirt and call it high fashion and people believe you because you work at Teen Vogue!

When the girls get to the NYC office, Bangs immediately sends Lauren to Marc Jacobs's studio to do something, what exactly she'll be doing is unclear. But it is implied that it might be cool...and it really isn't. Working a casting seems like a pain in the ass, especially when you are being bossed around as much as Lauren is ("These girls need be 100% styled"). She did get to meet Marc Jacobs, though, and that seemed to appease her. She was cool as a cucumber when they met (he was wearing sweats, basically, and that doesn't command a lot of respect), but afterwards told Whitney that she was "gonna go give Lisa Love and hug and then run away because I'm afraid of what she'll do to me."

Whitney's presentation went OK. I think that the editing of this show is either really bad, or they want people to think that these girls really suck at their job. I know we've mentioned the awkward silences between the girls and I think it's especially apparent when they talk with Lisa Love. Here's some advice girls, if you don't have any clue what your boss is talking about, just smile and nod. Don't just sit there with a blank stare on your face! Anyway, the presentation looked worse than it was, I guess, because after the girls returned to LA, Lisa Love (with an entrance that included an entourage) told Whitney that Bangs said the presentation went well. Whitney was relieved for half a second because then Lisa told her that she was a little "dressy" for the presentation. Wow, that's embarrassing! Not only because Lisa Love called you out, but also because that comment has traveled through the halls of the NYC office, to Bangs herself and then via phone to Lisa Love!! What is this, an episode of Gossip Girl?

The episode wrapped up with Brody over at Lauren's place (where was Audrina this episode?) talking about Spencer. Brody turned Spencer down because he still wants to be friends with Lauren. They make a cute couple, I'll go ahead and say it again. And did you see the bling'd out watch that Brody had?! It must weigh at least 5 lbs.

I also wanted to make my point again about the girls wearing whatever they want and calling it fashion. Take a look at this: You'll notice that Whitney looks like she's heading to Jr. High circa 1993 when cut off jean shorts and wind jackets were pretty cool. And Lauren dons her Michael Jackson hat and the transformation to 1993 is complete. Girls, you lost me on this one. Stick with the cute dresses. See ya next week!

5 comments:

Kari said...

I think I am officially to the point where I would rather just read your Hills recap than actually watch the show. You really are much funnier and way more interesting than the show itself.

Did anyone else think that Lauren was almost too cool for Marc Jacobs? I mean, she didn't even stand up (and even Brant noticed that!).

Bangs McGhee was awesome. I wish she was in every episode!

Jenny Jackson said...

Oh, I totally thought she should have stood up. He was cool about it, though. Seriously, he was wearing like athletic shorts or something! Anyway, I'll continue to watch the show so you can get the Hills posts you love. You're welcome.

Brittnee said...

I couldn't believe that Lauren didn't even stand up. Wonder what Marc thought of that...
Also, Lisa Love is SCARY. If I were dressing up for Halloween, I'd dress as her and people would probably run from me in fear.

Brittnee said...

I also agree that your recaps are better than the actual episodes.

Will Askew said...

I actually saw this week's show because Christy was watching it...I noticed that she didn't stand up too. Ridiculous. Also, is their boss's smile one of the Worst All Time Smiles?