3.07.2006

Money-Hungry Millionaires

To show our diversity, I thought I would post a little something on sports. I'm fairly sure the NFL is still having "labor talks", and even if it's been resolved, what I have to say still stands. Even the very worst major league players in any sport make enough money to be shown on "MTV Cribs" or to pimp their ride. Therefore, the general public should never be subjected to pro players whining about money. Even if the negotiation talks are very complex, and when you really look at it the players aren't just talking about money, we still don't need to hear about it. All it does is turn fans, who by the way make on average every year what these guys make per game, away from the sport.

That is why I will always prefer college sports over the pros. Not only do the kids seem to care more and play harder, but they can't go on strike. Ever. It won't happen. And one more thing, with March Madness fast approaching... GO DUKE!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been keeping up with college basketball too much, but I will be partaking in some sort of bracket pool. Eric and I usually do one and it's pretty fun. I get super into it though. I remember last year watching games that were upsets and being completely bummed when an underdog team won because it messed up my bracket. It really was quite stressfull. I think I promised myself that I wouldn't do it this year...that obviously isn't going to happen. And I have to say I'm disappointed in you girls...the only team I can cheer for is the ol' Razorbacks. GO HOGS!!

Unknown said...

And yes, I definitely prefer college sports. I don't watch any professional sports. It's just not as fun.

Kari said...

Of course I will always be a Razorback fan. However, I've been a Duke fan for years. If the two ever meet again, I will definitely cheer for the Hogs.

Sometimes a team needs a loss or two to get fired up for the post season. The two-game losing streak makes me cringe, but they will come back. They won't win it all but they will get close!