3.01.2006

Downside of DVRs

I will not be posting any comments on the new Real World today and it's because of my DVR. It's such a great piece of technology to have and I depend on it as if it were my best friend. Well, yesterday we had a fight. I specifically remember programming it to record Real World. Alas, when I went to see the premiere of RW, after two somewhat boring hours of AI (I'm sure we'll talk more about that on another post) it was nowhere to be found. This has happened a few times before, and it's as if someone said they had a nice cold Coke in their fridge that I could have and then when we get there it's gone. In other words, devestating. I can only find solace in the fact that MTV religiously shows reruns of every show for the next several days and then, in case we missed anything during the season, there is always a marathon or two to count on.

Anyone else fight with their DVR or TiVo or whatever you have? Does it not feel like a really good friend has let you down?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The DVR has made me sad on a few occasions. It sometimes "records" programs and then when I go to play them it is only 1 minute worth of blank screen. Then it asks me if I want to delete and I usually throw the remote at the screen. It did that with the finale of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic, and boy was I pissed. But, I think you're right about the reruns, it's probably on again tonight.

Unknown said...

By the way, what is AI?

Kari said...

American Idol... duh?

Unknown said...

I suppose I should get a duh for that, since it is America's favorite show, but I actually don't watch it. I think it's a combination of listening to the critiques (and the audience booing) and the terrible singers - it drives me nuts. When it gets closer to the end, I might tune in.

Kari said...

I used a question mark with my "duh" because I wasn't sure if it was deserved or not. It has been a pretty boring season. In fact, I snoozed through most of the girl's performances the other night. But I do think you should watch it when it gets down to just 10 or so contestants. We'll let you know when that happens!