8.27.2007

'Due Work!


Eric and I had another Sunday Food'n'Friends gathering at our place last night. Usually, we decide on a meal to make around Thursday or Friday and split up the ingredient list, then our friends come over and we make it together. It's a really fun thing to do and last night was possibly the most successful one we've ever done!

We decided to do a 2-course fondue meal. The first course was a three-cheese fondue with some really fancy cheeses that we picked up at Morgan & York. Micky and Jeremiah brought some dippables, including a French baguette, mini toasts (!), pretzels, bagel chips, baby tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, green and red peppers, zucchini and carrots. There was A LOT of food! We made some excellent flavor profiles. I believe the stand-out was a baby tomato paired with a mushroom dipped in fondue. I don't care for mushrooms, so my favorite was a baby tomato with a bagel chip. Yum!

The second course was a super easy chocolate fondue with chocolate also from M&Y. Amanda brought dessert dippables, including marshmallows, coconut macaroons, strawberries, pineapples, raspberries and bananas. The macaroons were amazing, basically like a Mounds bar. I think that due to our intake of the entire pot of bubbling cheese, we didn't take down the full pot of chocolate, but it was also delicious. I'm willing to share the recipes to all those who would like them.

3 comments:

Erjacksonic said...

Deliciousness of both fondues confirmed...I'll be interested to try it again with cheeses that cost less than $30 to see if the flavor still holds up. I suspect that it will. My personal favorite was t

Erjacksonic said...

Ooops, accidental publish. As I was saying, my favorite fondue pairing was the classic cheese and crusty baguette. Simple, crunchy, delectable.

Kari said...

I'm starving now. I can think of one person that would definitely want the recipes.