8.17.2007

Thank God It's Frid---yeah, yeah, whatever.


It's Friday. Another week has come and gone. Whoop-dee-do. Don't get me wrong, I love the weekend - I enjoy sleeping in and going shopping and watching TV for hours on end. What I don't enjoy are my Friday's being incredibly busy every week. Monday and Tuesday are always slow. I think in order for me to be more productive at work, this should switch. After a great, relaxing weekend, the last thing I need is to come in to work and have nothing to do except wish I was sleeping in. And likewise, at the end of the week, I don't need to be running around meeting deadlines for so long that I can't even send a couple personal emails! Gah!

Really, this got me to thinking about TGIFridays, the restaurant. I don't care for it. I've eaten there 2 or 3 times and I've never been impressed. The few casual dining places that I've been to that I would look forward to going back to include: Applebee's, CPK, Chili's, Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday. I had to look up a list of casual dining restaurants. In doing this I saw that there are some crazy restaurant names out there. Houlihan's is probably my favorite. I've never been to one. But I'm curious as to what restaurants you all like and what restaurants you don't.

I'm obviously not busy enough to skip blogging for the day. Duh.

4 comments:

Will Askew said...

I like Pick Up Stix Asian Restaurant. One of my friends hates it when things are purposely misspelled for marketing purposes. I don't even know what Pick Up Stix means--it may or may not be wildly offensive.

Kari said...

I have several favorites, but most are local establishments. I'm not a chain snob, but I do find myself enjoying local places better. We ate a lot of Chili's and Applebee's in Pueblo because of the town's lack of restaurants.

US Pizza - favorite pizza
Guido's Pizza - close second
Buffalo Grill in LR
Belmont Grill
El Mezcal (I haven't been please with El Porton lately)
Trio's (for lunch only)
Whole Hog
Ciao Bella (does that count as casual?)
Sticky Fingerz
The Commissary (for their chocolate pie)

Blah blah blah. I'm hungry (obvs) and this Friday may never end.

Brittnee said...

I also do not love TGIFriday's. Unfortunately it is one of Andrew's favorite places. Pretty much every single time his parents come up to F-town, you can count on eating at TGI Grossness...

I would rather go to Noodles or Guido's or Copeland's...but does anyone care? NOPE!

I feel as if the Pick Up Stix restaurant name may be a homage to the beloved childhood game "Pick Up Sticks."

amanda said...

Nate wrote you a very witty comment about apostrophes - how can Thank God It's Friday be possessive? - but he gave up when the comment wouldn't post. Consider this his opinion.