8.06.2007

"We'll call it MAN Band, because we're MEN now!"


Vh1 has perhaps the most insane programming schedule right now that I've ever seen. Every washed-up has-been there ever was now has a reality show on the network, ranging from "get a date with so-and-so," to "watch so-and-so go through a mid-life crisis," to "two so-and-so's with the SAME NAME get together and talk about their past!" And music videos? I'm pretty sure they're on from 3am-8am, you know, normal viewing hours? But I digress...

Get ready for the new edition to the network. They call it Man Band! 4 members of old BOY bands get together and try and create a NEW band - of MEN! Get it!?! Oh, it's so perfect. I bet you're dying to hear who was chosen. Remember all the guys who didn't sing a lot and had the least amount of fans and sort of seemed out of place? Meet your new MAN BAND! Chris from ‘N Sync, Jeff from 98 Degrees, Rich from LFO, and Bryan Abrams from Color Me Badd. OK, maybe the guy from 98 degrees wasn't the worst - it was that other guy with the deep voice who was like 30 - but still. And Color Me Badd was a boy band? I don't think sooo. Sure, they were guys, but they were popular in the early 90's, right? I would have gone with someone from O-Town, for sure. Ashley Parker Angel wasn't available? How about that guy with the dreads? Still, the guys have been chosen and now...the mission!

They will live together in Chris' house and try to make it as a new band - named Sureshot. They'll be writing new songs, coming up with a new stage show and trying to get J-Timb to return their calls. Here's the thing - they might succeed. All of those boy bands had a HUGE following and those ladies are still out there somewhere. I checked out their myspace page and they have over 3,000 friends, as well as comments from women who are literally counting down the minutes until the premiere of the show tonight. Which reminds me, it's on at 10PM (eastern), so tune in if you can. Man Band thanks you, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Kari said...

I almost can't believe you checked out their myspace page. Oh what boredom can do. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to watch this one!

Erjacksonic said...

I'm not sure I can allow this be viewed an apartment I live in. Jenny is going to have some tough choices to make tonight.

Jenny Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Jackson said...

i checked out their myspace page to find a picture, gah!

Jenny Jackson said...

well, i didn't watch it so you can all stop worrying about me. eric was playing zelda for about 3 hours so the tv was out of commission. i think he was taking part in a subconscious intervention of my bad tv watching.

Brittnee said...

Eric should be given a prize for keeping you away from this show.I can only imagine how awful it probably is. The only way I'd watch it is if the former 98 degrees member was a Lachey.