8.03.2007

What a Girl Wants


I want a donut. Or should I say doughnut? The search for doughnut produced this mouth-watering picture. And seriously, my mouth is watering right now.


And since we're on the subject, let's run down my favorite donut shops. Well, there's really only one and it's Shipley's in Little Rock. I grew up eating these and to this day, would prefer a Shipley's plain glazed donut to anything Krispy Kreme might try to throw at me. Not that I make a habit of turning down donuts... that would just be silly. Anyway, donuts are good. Always have been and always will be. I go for plain glazed and sometimes chocolate iced. Anything with a filling, especially if it's fruit (and particularly if it's lemon, because lemon and sugar should only mix when alcohol is involved, ie on the rim of a lemon drop martini), makes me sick. So don't go buying me any of those. Thanks.

6 comments:

Jenny Jackson said...

This post is dangerous. Are you trying to make everyone hungry or something? I feel the same way you feel towards Shipley's, but with Rick's. People always talk about Rick's cakes, which are good. But their donughts are delicious! My dad used to go every Saturday morning when we were growing up. Now I think I have a sentimental tie to them, as well.

Kari said...

I like you're combo spelling of donuts and doughnuts.

And Brittnee and I used to get Rick's about once a week. Always made for a delicious start to our day!

Erjacksonic said...

The posted picture is, most certainly, of plain glazed Krispy Kreme donuts coming off the assembly line. I know this because I'm a nerd, and as a nerd I probably enjoy watching the donut assembly line as much as I enjoy the donuts, themselves.

This blog has been all about the food lately...donuts, chicken sandwiches, sharks eating people, etc.

Kari said...

I was hesitant to use that picture, because it is definitely KK donuts. I must be a nerd too because I am mesmorized by the donut makers.

Clearly, we're hungrier than usual, much like sharks in an ocean full of humans. Just the dead ones, of course.

Brittnee said...

Have you eaten at Shipley's lately? They have been bought out and are just not as good as they used to be.
Now I live in the world of Rick's and I love their d-nuts....I'll probably go by there tomorrow on my way to work.

Thanks for the calories.

Will Askew said...

I took about a three year break from doughnuts, and then had one not too long ago. It was good. I think it was a Krispy Kreme.