8.24.2007

Top Chef Spoiler Alert!

If you haven't seen the latest episode of Top Chef, you should probably stop reading. Because I have a bone to pick with Tom, Padma, Ted and the guest judge. Why Tre?!

It seems to me like the average-skilled chefs are scooting by this season because they aren't expected to step up in Executive Chef roles. They don't have to make three dishes a challenge, they just have to make salads and not totally screw up their food. I'm mad that they sent Tre home because he was one of the most skilled chefs there and he seemed like he had it together. And yet, because he was the Executive Chef, he's gone. Not fair. I really thought that CJ should have gone home because as much as I like him, he let Tre take the fall.

So, it's basically Hung's competition to lose at this point. I don't think that any of the other chefs have done all that well so far.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Anger. That's what I felt when they said "Tre, please pack your knives (try not to throw any at us) and go home." I like CJ a lot but he kind of threw Tre under the bus at the judge's table.

I hate the way Saaara talks.

amanda said...

I like CJ, too, but he's in it to win it - during the club challenge, he didn't take any responsibility for his team, or during the restaurant challenge, either.

I think it's about time the "villain" won. This season, I predict the final two will be Howie and Hung.

And while we're at it, when does Project Runway start again?