8.19.2007

Tragic makeovers

Back in February, the Theater hosted Oscar Night America. For this event we were given several prizes to raffle off during a Silent Auction. One of these prizes was a Christian Dior makeover. Sounds nice, huh? It included a mini facial, makeup application, hand massage and a free deluxe sample. All from the fabulous people at Dior - how swanky! The theater had some extras, so after months and months of procrastinating, Amanda and I headed down to Troy, MI to the Macy's at Somerset Collection - a super swanky mall near Detroit.

I could write a bit here how we got lost and ended up driving 2 hours instead of 55 minutes, but I would rather this post be about the makeovers that we got...at the Dior counter. Take a look!

Um, check out my eye shadow! It's ridiculous! I was wearing a purple/white striped shirt and I suppose that my makeover person thought it'd be best to match my makeup to my t-shirt. And let's talk a minute about my makeover technician. HE was a sassy biatch. First, when he asked what makeup I regularly use (Clinique), he totally snobbed it with a bitchy expression to boot! He also did not take well to criticism. When I told him that the dark purple eyeshadow was a bit too much for me, he said, "well, that's not even very heavy...what do you usually wear?" What you see in the photo isn't as bad as it was at first. He added some white shadow over the dark purple to make it less bold. My lipstick was first orange-ish (um, no), then dark pink (try again) and finally a very shiny pink (fine, just get me out of here!).

Overall, I looked like a clown-hooker at 4 pm in the mall. Not fun, but definitely funny. After getting some spinach dip at CPK (they seated us in the corner - no joke!) we headed home. We decided that we had to document our tragic makeovers and I'm glad we did. Cuz I just got myself a brand new facebook picture! If you wanna hear Amanda's side of the story, check out her blog!

3 comments:

Brittnee said...

The purple eyeshadow is really too much. Did he think you were going to attend a Cyndi Lauper concert circa 1986?

I am sorry your makeover did not go as well as hoped.

Kari said...

Did Eric slam the door in your face (can we even call it a face, as it was?) when you got home? Sloane didn't bit you, did she? I bet they were both confused as to who you were.

Erjacksonic said...

I didn't see her into she was inside, where the colors were allegedly more subdued. My feeling was "they did that to your face, AND denied you a massage and freebies?!" I think that's how Sloane felt, too.