8.25.2007

Television: Part Deux

Thursday was payday. So with my new paycheck I thought I'd invest in the DVD season 1 of Ugly Betty...I was fully prepared to spend $25-$30 on this jewel. I reasoned that yes, while the regular price will probably be more, they always sell DVDs for a little bit cheaper when they first come out. So I marched my unbedazzled but into Best Buy where Ugly Betty Season 1 sat on the front shelf. I rushed over full of excitement and read the price tag: Regular price $49.99...Granted the DVD was on sale (as I had suspected) but it was still $35. I was so offended a the $50 regular price and had only emotionally prepared myself for up to $30. So I walked out empty handed...I know $35 is only $5 more than $30 but for some reason on that day, $5 seemed like a whole lot.
So, needless to say, I did not purchase Ugly Betty Season 1....hopefully I can rent it at the Movie Gallery (where I have a free rental) or Blockbuster (where I still have a little money left on gift card.)

4 comments:

Kari said...

Definitely rent it. $35 is a lot, especially since you probably won't watch the episodes more than once or twice. Seriously, think about NetFlix!

Kari said...

ps: I don't think it's necessary to describe yourself as unbedazzled. We're just going to assume from here on out that you don't (aka wouldn't be caught dead, ever) wear that crap. Now, when you speak of Dick's girl...

Brittnee said...

I spelled butt incorrectly...that is funny.

Jenny Jackson said...

OMG! You made a comment during work hours! Are you rebelling against JB?!